Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Bravo! Shelly Winters


Hey Kids,

I am very sad but also happy to have been a huge fan of Shelly Winters. She sadly passed away at the age of 85.

I played table dangler # 6 and fell to my death in "The Poseidon Adventure" in 1971.

I had a short but memorable conversation with Shelly on the set about how we both wanted to take Gene Hackman for a ride. Shelly was a rowdy gal and had a love for Men and booze. Now that is my type of Lady.

Shelly was also and excellent actress. A true pro with 2 Oscars, One for "The Diary of Anne Frank" and another for "A Patch of Blue". She was also nominated for "A Place in the Sun" and "The Poseidon Adventure". What a career...

I also loved Shelly on "Roseanne". What a treat it was to see her mixing it up with contemporary actors, just fabulous.


Shelly will be missed but never forgotten. She was fabulous

Kids the next time you have a glass of Champaigne lift your glasses and toast to Shelly.

Bravo Shelly!!!

XO, MargOH!

No comments:

Post a Comment