Thursday, March 15, 2007

Frustration Nation

Hey Kids,

It's hard to keep your head above water at times. It's not easy to get your
vision out there. I sometimes wonder "where" there is....

MargOH! is not the type of girl to give up and I won't but lately I've grown frustrated by frustration. I do or never will profess that I'm a genius in anything I do but I do sometimes think my work deserves a shot....

I knew 2007 was going to be my time to get out there...be a part of whatever there is to be had. This comes off a year where I had 3 successful cabaret shows with little to no advertisement. Not that I didn't try...press kits to HX, Next, Time Out and Edge...Thanks Edge for listing my shows... I appreciate it!

Don't get me wrong I do not think I deserve any special treatment. My issue about being in NY is that though it claims to be a flourishing scene....It's really churning the same performers doing the same thing 10 different ways...The one or two promoters who can't see out of the scene that they are in to take a look around. Troublesome I say...

It's March kids an I've gotten out...I've shot emails to see about popping into a show with not even a reply....mmm even though they say "we are looking for unique performers for spoken word, dance....etc. etc." It's all a mystery to me????

I don't give a shit in the long run and will do my shows quietly if I must...Cuchie already booked my June cabaret's..I'll update you on that kids......

MargOH!'s frustrated, not sexually....I can get any man I want and do....It's more of an artistic frustration....

Like Liza's says "if you can make it here, you can make it anywhere".... right now anywhere is looking a lot better than here...


Kisses, MargOH!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:27 AM

    Dearest MArgOH! I hope things pick up soon, like i said LOndon is waiting for you, i do hope that one day i shall be there to see you perform, it would be a dream!
    Thinking about the Tennis racket dildo you spoke about earlier reminded me of these equisite items i found in the junk market last week lol!

    [IMG]http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k126/dancoopey/dildo_31.jpg[/IMG]


    The one on the left looks a little brutal i know, but i love the classy velvet bags!

    kisses for you MArgOH! xxx
    dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey dan,

    Now worries kid....I'll be in London eventually and here in NY...It's a tough road but I'll make it....I'm busy and ready for my upcoming show's and such...I'm just a bit pissed about NYC at the moment!!

    Thanks for the kind words!!

    I appreciate it!

    Just fyi, the link didn't work

    Kisses, M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:54 AM

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hpkP2mb4SA

    "if you can make it here, you can make it anywhere"

    We have the same gripes in London, MargOH! - these big cities just ain't big enough sometimes! Trouble is, anytime something good happens, everybody jumps all over it and gets it all mucky. WHat ever happend to prrrracatan?

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Phoebe,

    I know, i know I was jsut having a weak moment and sick of it all!!

    margarita, i still think she does her show on cable access here but haven't seen to much of her out and about...That crazy old thang, LOL...I think she was a lot bigger over there than here, LOL..she is fun though..I love you...Pracatan!!

    Kisses, MargOH!

    ReplyDelete