Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Estelle Getty- One Funny Lady


Hey Kids,

I was just surfing the net after a long day of shooting. Sitting here in my old lady make-up and Berna out partying with one of the lovely spanish maids we have....I'm having a lovely Sangria and I must raise it to Estelle Getty who just passed away.

She is one of the first ladies of American Comedy..right up there with Lucille Ball I believe. I have always preferred female comedic dames over the men...Golden Girls was a fabulous show and a show I still watch religously. I never get tired of it because of the women who made it such a great all around show but to me Sophia was the best, Estelle's comic timing was perfect and the way she embodied that character was amazing. She left us with a fabulous body of work and I will keep enjoying it!!

Estelle is also a role model for grit and determination. She never gave up on her dream of being an actress and struggled for years to make it. She was in her early
60's when she landed the role in Golden Girls and became an international celebrity....wow...

Here's to you Estelle for all the Laughs

Kisses, MargOH!

No comments:

Post a Comment