Thursday, October 20, 2005

LA Baby



Hey Kids,

It's been a hectic couple of days...well week I should say!!

I just flew back from LA where I attended many events including the Mercedez Benz fashion week show of my darling Sue Wong. Her clothes are really special. She even promised me the icy looking hat for my Christmas party rounds (and rounds and rounds).

I had a wonderful time aside from the fact that I had to sit next to that "terror of the ice" herself Tara Lapinski. She kept asking me for velamints to conceal the smell coming from the flask of gin she was sipping on. In the old days I would join in on that but as you all know I am gin free for over a year now.

I also attended the "Environmental Media Awards" with my gal pal Kathy Najimy. Now I love Kathy and we've been to a couple of things together (I'll never forget my night on the town with her after Lily Tomlin's last Broadway show - yikes!!) but when we were entering on the red carpet she blocked me out making it impossible for me to show off my Sue Wong original. She is so greedy for the spotlight.

I was so excited to get to talk to the darling Alicia Silverstone, I just love her. Also on hand was the very hungry looking Nicole Ritchie. I felt like running to get her an "In and Out" burger right away but decided that probably wouldn't sit well with this crowd.

All in all the event was crunchy with love, right down to the envirofriendly chairs we were able to take home and use for firewood.

The last event was the "Ruby Red Slipper" gala I attended to celebrate the 50th anniversary of "The Wizard Of OZ'. Liza and Lorna asked me to attend due to their busy schedules and lucky thing I did because the only celebs there were myself , Jane Kaczmarek,Adrienne Barbeau and the surviving munchkins.

I must say there is still nothing more lovely than watching Judy in this film though I could have done without getting felt up by that pesky munchkin Meinhardt Raabe (we had a one night stand back in my Russ Meyer days and he still thinks he can climb to second base with me).

It was a wild time in old LA and I know I should get out there more.

I also wanted to send out a special thanks to Kathy Griffin for letting me stay at her lovely but may I say extremely large home(I got lost twice and ended up in bed with her mother and father, I think they were drunk so hopefully they won't remember).


Kisses,

MargOH!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:31 PM

    Sentinel hurricane blog
    This is a minute-by-minute account of developments in Central Florida. Click on a subject in the category archives below for information segmented by county or topic.
    I have a bulk leads site. It pretty much covers bulk leads related stuff.

    Donald

    ReplyDelete