Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Its raining, its Pouring

Hey Kids,

I gotta tell you that life lately has been a chore..My darling pooch Kim Fung had been battling mouth cancer and passed away last week. It has been a terrible loss for old MargOH! and MAN-ee is torn up as well. Kim Fung was more than just a plain old dog, she was colorful and smart as a whip. She could actually help old MargOH! put on her stockings or pull her to a pillow when she had a bit too much. Kim Fung also loved a bit of the drink, she loved champagne, luckily having four legs made it easier on the old girl to navigate around, she could hold her booze.

She also loved a Golden Retriever, she'd get all sassy and sly when any of those studs passed by...and even wrangled me a few flings with the owners..we were a team I guess and I'll miss her sense of adventure and whimsy. It wasn't all fun and games and Miss Fung had a temper and tore up a few of my costumes, she disliked Judy Garland and Liza minnelli music, she much preferred Jazz or something quiet.like a lovely Eartha Kitt... Her Favorite movie was "Chicken Run"...she just loved the clucking...

She was in two of my tv shows, she had great comic timing and took direction well, a real pro..Though trying to put make-up on her was a chore, she hated eye-liner but didn't shy away from a little concealer...

I loved that gal and she was my pal. I have a huge gap in my heart and mind at the moment. We haven't had the heart to move anything, her blanket still sits on the bed, her water/champers bowl still in its place, her collar and lead still waiting for a walk.

Life will never be the same, 14.5 years of love gone in an instant, Oh..but the memories...

Memories,
Like the corners of my mind
Misty water-colored memories
Of the way we were

Scattered pictures,
Of the smiles we left behind
Smiles we gave to one another
For the way we were

Can it be that it was all so simple then?
Or has time re-written every line?
If we had the chance to do it all again
Tell me, would we? could we?

Mem’ries, may be beautiful and yet
What’s too painful to remember
We simply choose to forget
So it’s the laughter
We will remember
Whenever we remember...

The way we were...
The way we were...

2 comments:

  1. MAN-ee6:53 AM

    I'm gutted. And don't forget she used to protect us from Shirley Bassey's tirades - what will we do now?

    Rest peacefully little one...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ms. E L Wright6:59 PM

    That was a beautiful tribute.

    ReplyDelete