Monday, March 20, 2006

A Success for Berna and Trader Joe's


Hey Kids,

I am updating you on my wardrobe mistress Berna Breckenridge's Gastric Bypass. It was a smashing success. She is up and around and almost ready to get back to work. It is amazing how modern medicine has made a very dangerous operation into like getting a tooth pulled. She had the surgery on St Paddy's day and was almost doing a Jig on Saturday with our Super Glenda. Just amazing.

This made me so happy that I ran straight out for some libations. Berna can only consume liquids for a few months so I know how much she likes "Peach schnapps" and "White Zindendel".

I was on my way to my usual packy when I noticed that Trader Joe's opened up on 14th street. They also have a trader Joes wine store. I quickly got in line, yes a line that stretched half a block. I guess New Yorkers can't get enough of the chains they say they hate, mmmmm and the trail Mix. I was in line for 45 minutes and was longingly looking at the sign that said "Grand Opening special 2 bottles of White Zin for 4.99". There was another that said "Cavit Pinot grigio for 7.99", wow for the big bottle.

I was foaming at the mouth to get in.

Then it started, everyone started chanting "Let us in, Let us in, Let us in".

It was turning into a protest out of control. Luckily they had some workers come out and hand out cookies and drinks to the people in line. I of course asked for a glass of champagne and the worker said "Sorry but the wine store isn't open yet but I can give you sparkling cider".

Please I said, sparkling cider.. I couldn't believe it and started getting a bit loud with disgust when the crowd started chanting "MargOH!, MargOH!, MargOH!". How fun!

I of course quickly stepped out of line and made my way to the "Open" Warehouse Liquors. A couple of the people in the crowd were also kind enough to give me a bottle or 2 of wine for Berna.

Even though Trader Joes sucks it just amazes me how kind a New Yorker can actually be especially when they are getting free trail mix!!

Kisses, MargOH!

No comments:

Post a Comment